It is a simple recipe and takes no time at all to do, so ideal for a Sunday morning
- 80 grams dessicated coconut
- 50 grams caster sugar
- 1 medium egg, white only
- 1 tsp cornflour
- zest of one lime
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 100 grams dark chocolate
Chocolate Lime MacaroonsMethod:
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Grease and line a baking tray, using parchment paper.
- Mix the coconut, sugar, cornflour, zest and juice in a bowl.
- Beat the egg white to a light and fluffy consistency. Do not overbeat until stiff.
- Fold the egg white into the coconut mixture.
- Use a spoon to make about 9 small mounds of mixture on the baking tray.
- Place in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. The macaroons should be just browning.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 15 minutes on tray and then transfer to a wire rack.
- Gently melt the chocolate in a bain marie.
- Dip the base of each macaroon into the chocolate, to lightly coat it.
- Place on the parchment paper, which should still be on the now cool baking tray.
- Use the remaining chocolate to top the macaroons. You can do as I did and use a teaspoon, or you can be more fancy, piping in stripes.
- Allow the chocolate to set. The macaroons should then lift of the parchment paper cleanly.