Although not really baking, since nothing goes in the oven, I have included them in my blog as they fit nicely as a sweet snack, with lots of lovely coconut and chocolate.
With just three ingredients this is very simple, if a little sticky and needs just a little patience to complete. My bars are about 45 grams each, but that makes them slightly larger than the ones you can buy in the shop. So reducing the amount of mixture to, maybe, 40 or 35 gram would make them more like the real size, and would make more.
Homemade Bounty Bars
- 200g chocolate( I used milk, but dark would be fine too)
- 200g dessicated coconut
- 397g tin of condensed milk
- Place the coconut into a mixing bowl
- Add the condensed milk and mix to fully combine both.
- Cut 12 or thirteen 4x4 inch squares of plastic wrap
- On a piece of the plastic wrap place about 45 grams of the mixture and form into a shape resembling a Bounty. Close the plastic wrap all around.
- Repeat the process until all the mixture has been used.
- Place the result in the fridge to chill.
- Heat and melt the chocolate, in a bain marie(double boiler)
- Allow the chocolate to cool for about 20 minutes
- Take each of the coconut mixture pieces and coat with the chocolate and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Allow the chocolate to harden to complete your Bounty Bars.