Very easy to make and even easier to eat this is one that everyone can try.
It doesn't take long either. Mine turned out very well indeed, just as hoped, and they tasted fantastic.
Almond Shortbread Cookies
Almond Shortbread Cookies - VideoIngredients:
- 125g softened butter
- 75g plain flour
- 25g cornflour
- 50g ground almonds
- 50g caster sugar(I used golden caster sugar)
- In a bowl whisk the butter to make sure it is uniformly soft.
- Add the sugar and whisk again, until fully combined and the mixture is light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, cornflour and ground almonds together.
- Add the dry ingredietns to the butter mixture and mix in until almost combined. The mixture will start clumping together.
- Use a hand to pull the mixture into one large piece.
- Form a disc with the dough and warp in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 160c/140c Fan325F
- Line a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Flour the work surface and a rolling pin.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and roll out to a thickness between 1/8 and 1/4 inch.
- Use a cookie cutter, about 2 inches in diameter, to cut out shapes from the dough.
- Place the cut out shapes on the baking tray, leaving a gap of at least at inch between each one.
- Re-roll the remaining dough and cut out more, placing them on the baking tray too.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until they are just beginning to colour slightly.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes on the baking tray.
- Then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- As soon as the are cooled completely store them in an airtight container, unless they are to be eaten straightaway.